Why is school attendance so important?
Attendance in school is really important! As a school, we are concerned that our overall attendance is suffering as a result of families choosing to take holidays during term time. Did you know that a child who is absent for just half a day of school per week will miss the equivalent of a year of their school life?
Absence at any stage leads to gaps in your child’s learning. This in turn can:
- mean that they fall behind in learning
- affect their motivation and confidence
- affect their enjoyment of learning
- affect their desire to attend school regularly
- mean they miss out on the social life of school and extra curricular opportunities and experiences
- affect their ability to have or keep friendships.
After half term, we are going to be awarding our class with the best attendance each week with a trophy to keep in their classroom for the week.
This week, our attendance in school is:
Huge congratulations to Penguin and Meerkat class – we are really proud of your attendance this week!